Saturday, January 18, 2014

What My Love Cooks


[This post was originally published 12/31/13 on whatmylovecooks.wordpress.com]

Hello, Reader! For newcomers, please let me introduce myself. My name is Jin. I co-own a catering company in Atlanta, GA with my love Chef Aaron. We named the company after our dogs Louis and Kingsley (louiskingsley.com). We are a proud five-star rating business on WeddingWire and recently won the Couples' Choice Award that only goes to the top 5% out of thousands of wedding vendors in the country! We are so thankful to our clients and followers.

Aaron and I met in 2010 on Match.com and have been inseparable since. I fell in love with his handsome beagle Louis and Aaron fell in love with my sweet chocolate lab Kingsley--the rest is history. What binds us fundamentally is our shared belief on how a person should live their life and experience it.  We want to create a life together that is organic, creative, honest, and meaningful. We also wanted to work together and for ourselves-- start a business that utilized our dreams, passions, and strengths.  In 2011 we realized that a small business and catering company would make the perfect settings for us both.

We grew up in the food service industry and if you've ever been in it, you know there is the great, the bad, and the very ugly. Catering allows us to take the best things about food service and specialize it into a handful of events a month. It helps Aaron to push his own abilities and put his delicious food into people's bellies where it belongs! The business, sales, and promotion aspect of our company has given me a major creative outlet and has brought upon my own personal renaissance in life and art (my two favorite things). This is what real food and real love does! Most of all, we love food for one of its greatest strengths: it brings people together. The best part of our business happens when a family breaks bread together for a momentous occasion and we made it happen.

Aaron and I locally source our food. He then prepares beautiful fresh food and provides five-star chef services for all of our clients. I take pictures of his incredible food that helps to promote our company. I also handle sales, website and design, marketing, account and event management, and now this recipe blog/cookbook project entitled "What My Love Cooks." This new year we plan on releasing a new recipe each week on this blog. At the end of the year we will compile our favorite recipes and photos into a cookbook--a simple and beautiful visual catalog of Chef Aaron's best recipes and my best photos of his beautiful food.

We had a great year and met some lovely people and couples. Many of our clients want to know how Aaron prepares our beautiful fresh dishes. They also often talk about their own dreams about cooking and opening their own business. We want to help people realize they can start their own business or become a quality cook or a photographer or an astronaut (ok, maybe not an astronaut but you catch my drift). We just want to create and inspire. We hope this project does exactly that.

Exciting thing about this is I don't have a blueprint. I'm in uncharted waters as far as blogs and books go. We, like we always do, are trying to stay away from too many guidelines or rules. I imagine posts will range from short and sweet to sentimental and insightful. I can promise weekly Chef Masanotti recipes will feature a photo of the dish by me, a theme or inspiration behind the recipe, simple ingredient and cooking instructions, and great tips directly from the Chef. Some posts will also include live pictures of fresh products as well as product and shopping tips from me. This is what my Love cooks...

Roots

Well, enough of that. You guys are out partying right now anyway. I'm looking forward to this ride with you all. First recipe post is tomorrow! Happy New Year from the Cape. - Jin

20140101-211510.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment